Monday, January 30, 2006

Mission's Fest

Well I promised that I'd write about Mission's Fest so here goes!!!

We got to the church at like 8:20 and were soon on the road to Mission's Fest. We got stuck in a little bit of traffic but were soon at Mission's Fest!
Wow! It was so incredible! We walked around and looked at some booths. We stopped at the Praise 106.5 booth and this man there asked if we wanted to be interviewed for the radio (we being S, D, M and I). We were a little hesistant but we really wanted to do it! So we did! We were all really nervous but I think it turned out really good!
We stopped for lunch where we ran into a few people from theater.
S, Sa and I went to our first seminar! It was about how the youth of this generation have so many opportunities with mission's trips and everything. The lady speaking was from Nevada and she brought her daughter. She was really nice!
Our next seminar was one on theater and the language of life. I learned that there are 6,912 known languages in the world. By 2038 all languages should have the Bible written out.
Anyways, the whole seminar was a big theater show with 5 young adults doing it. They showed us how anyone can put on a theater show anywhere in the world without ever needing to speak. They're actions were much louder then words! Especially with the kazoos!!!
Near the end they did a little game show. J signed up him and his mom to be contestants. It was really funny! They went to E and asked her where she was from and what job she had. She said where she was from and told them she was a lifeguard. Then they moved to J and he said the exact same thing! It was really funny! J ended up winning. He won a trip to Africa (they were just joking) but it's funny because he's actually going there this summer!
The last seminar was one on Africa! The lady running it was around 70 years old and had started her ministry at 51. She started and ended the seminar with a rap!!! It was really great! She was very good at it except she kept running out of breath! She had a lot to say about Africa and I had a really good time at this seminar!
The ride home was pretty crazy too! With S hanging out the window!!! Anyways! We waved at many people!
Well I think that's all for now. It was a really great time and I encourage everyone to come to it next year!

7 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger thePERFECTIONofFRAILTY said...

Sounds AWESOME!



God Bless

 
At 9:50 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger mayglitch said...

I decided to have Tara's birthday party there next year. It's free and sounds like fun!!!

Whatcha think?

 
At 8:54 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Miss.Jodi said...

it was sooooo AWESOME! such wonderful time!

@barb- i think you should run that one by tara and see what she thinks before you actually start planning it out!
@ collin- heather is probably just working on one then

 
At 5:31 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Miss.Jodi said...

i can't. i have youth and heather's over

 
At 5:40 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Miss.Jodi said...

collin- i can't relax again. i'm sorry. i'll try too but i have a new math lesson and getting ready for tommorow, a shower needs to be had, dinner's soon and joy wants to play with me!
i'll try next year maybe to get in a few minutes to actually relax

 
At 9:09 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Miss.Jodi said...

now i'm scared of this blog thing! it took away the post about my mom's party

 
At 9:30 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never wanted to play with you
liar!

joy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home